17.01.2017, 15:15 Uhr, Oberseminar ANALYSIS - PROBABILITY
- Johannes Quaas (Universität Leipzig):
- Assessing climate change with numerical modelling and statistical analysis of satellite observations
- A3 01 (Sophus-Lie-SR)
Winter semester 2015/2016: Singularities of minimal hypersurfaces
- Lecturer: Emanuele Spadaro
- Date: Thursday 09:00 - 11:00
- Room: MPI MiS, G 10
- Language: English
- Target audience: PhD students, Postdocs
- Content (Keywords): Geometric Measure Theory, Minimal Surfaces, Singularities, Rectiﬁability
- Prerequisites: Basic knowledge on measure theory and mathematical analysis
This is a reading seminar (not a regular lecture) on geometric measure theory: the participants will be asked to contribute a talk related to the topic of the seminar.
As for the content, the aim of this seminar is to provide an introduction to the striking recent results on the rectifiability of the singular set of minimal hypersurfaces proven by Naber and Valtorta (see arXiv:1504.02043 and arXiv:1505.03428). A preliminary list of topics which will be covered is the following:
- Monotonicity formula;
- Stratification of singularities;
- Minimality of Simons' cone;
- Introduction to the rectifiability of the singular set.
Other lectures at MPI MIS
See this link for other regular lectures for university students at MPI MIS.