Guest program of the MPI
The Max-Planck-Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences has a large guest program. Here are some hints for applications to this program. Most of the guests are long-term visitors that work closely with one or several of the institute's research groups.
Applicants should send the following material to the address of the acting director
Felix Otto, Managing Director
Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications
- Copies of three papers that contain the best results obtained by the applicant
- Detailed research project
- Names of the groups or individuals the researcher would like to interact with
- Duration and planned schedule of the stay at the institute
- Three letters of recommendation
The directors of the institute will review the applications currently in a flexible way in order to decide on the guest program.
The institute also provides work places for some scientists who are financed by other sources. Applicants should also send the material (1 - 7) to the address above.