The Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences (MPI MiS) invites applications for the position of a
in the research group "Information Theory of Cognitive Systems" of Nihat Ay. The position will be embedded in the Priority Programme "The Active Self" (SPP 2134) of the German Research Foundation (DFG). The envisaged research is part of the project "The Sensorimotor Architecture of the Self: Theory of Information Integration in Embodied Systems".
Candidates should have a degree in mathematics, computer science, or physics. A background in information theory, probability theory, neural networks, embodied intelligence, and robotics would be ideal for the project. Programming experience, in particular in the context of robotics, is of advantage.
The position is renewable from year to year up to three years.
- Deadline: Applications submitted by November 15, 2018, will receive full consideration. However, also late submissions will be reviewed until the position is filled.
- Starting date as soon as possible.
- Please submit the following information:
- list of publications
- transcript of PhD certificate (If you did not receive your PhD certificate yet: Please upload a short statement about the current status of your PhD and a brief summary of what your thesis is about.)
- research statement also addressing research projects with names of possible collaborators at MPI MiS, and
- names and contact data of two or more referees willing to write a letter of recommendation.
- Submissions of applications proceed through an electronic form. This form will be hosted by Opencampus.net, a German company, so while clicking to the links you will be directed to their server:
- During the application process you will be asked for which kind of position you apply. Please choose "Postdoc SPP2134 - AY ".
The Max Planck Society strives for gender diversity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. The Max Planck society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
For more information concerning this position, please contact Nihat Ay (nay(at)mis.mpg.de).