The Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences (MPI MiS) is located in Leipzig, Germany. Our research advances outward looking mathematics. We are committed to innovative fundamental research, and to transferring concepts and structures from mathematics into other academic fields. We invite applications of outstanding mathematicians for up to three positions as
Max Planck Research Group Leader (W2)
We are looking for internationally recognized scholars with a research profile in geometry, topology, and their applications. The appointment is for five years. Candidates should hold a PhD, awarded within the past six years, and have postdoctoral research experience. There is an opportunity for close interactions with other research groups at the institute, in particular with a new group led by Anna Wienhard, which is currently established at the institute.
The Max Planck Society wants to increase the proportion of women in the areas in which they are under-represented. We therefore explicitly ask women to apply. The Max Planck Society has set itself the target of employing more individuals with severe disabilities. We explicitly welcome applications from individuals with severe disabilities.
- W2 position as Max Planck Research Group Leader – paid on the basis of remuneration group W 2 of the Federal Civil Service Remuneration Act (Bundesbesoldungsgesetz)
- Funding for one postdoctoral fellow, guests, workshops and travel.
- Participation in our doctoral program “International Max Planck Research School on Mathematics in the Sciences” is appreciated and provides funding for PhD students.
- Application deadline: December 31, 2022
- Starting date: October 1, 2023
Please email a single PDF file containing
- your CV
- a list of publications
- copies of three publications
- a one-page summary of scientific achievements
- a two-page research plan
as well as names and email addresses of at least two references who are willing to provide a letter of recommendation to applicationW2(at)mis.mpg.de.
If you have any questions please visit the institute's webpage or contact us at applicationW2(at)mis.mpg.de.