Much of the diverse cooperation with other scientists is coordinated by the visitor programme, i.e. the cooperation with the Mathematical Research Institute Oberwolfach in the Black Forest.
Collaboration ties abroad exist with the ETH (Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule) in Zurich (Switzerland), IHES (Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques, Bures-sur-Yvette, France), the Newton Institute in Cambridge (UK), the Courant Institute, New York (USA), and the IMA (Institute for Mathematics and its Applications) in Minneapolis, Minnesota (USA).
Here is a maybe not yet complete overview. For more information please follow the links.
Research training schools and networks
- International Max Planck Research School Mathematics in the Sciences at the University of Leipzig
- Scientific board: Stefan Hollands, Jürgen Jost, Felix Otto, Peter Stadler, Bernd Sturmfels, László Székelyhidi
- ODYCCEUS - Opinion Dynamics and Cultural Conflict in European Space
- Grant number: H2020 - FETPROACT-2016 - 732942
- Members from the Institute: Eckehard Olbrich, Sven Banisch
DFG Research Units
- The Sensorimotor Architecture of the Self: Theory of Information Integration in Embodied Systems
- Project within the Priority Program: The Active Self
- Members from the Institute: Nihat Ay
- Geometry and probability in dynamic systems
- Cooperation partner: Christian da Silva Rodrigues (Universidad de Campinas, Brazil)
- Members from the Institute: Jürgen Jost
- Max Planck India Partner Group - Geometry-inspired measures for complex networks
- Cooperation partner: Areejit Samal (Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc) Chennai, India)
- Members from the Institute: Jürgen Jost, Amirhossein Farzam, Parvaneh Joharinad and Emil Saucan
- News on the Max Planck India Partner Group
Other Cooperations and Memberships
- University of Leipzig - Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
- University of Leipzig - Interdisciplinary Centre for Bioinformatics
- University of Leipzig - Graduate school BuildMoNa
- Max Planck Society - Homepage
- Max Planck Society - MPG PhD Student Network
- CAS-MPG Partner Institute for Computational Biology, Shanghai (China)
- Santa Fe Institute, USA
- European Network in Systems Biology - GDRE SysBio (CNRS / MPG)
- European Research Centres on Mathematics - ERCOM
For other links to mathematical or physical research institutes or resources see our special link page.