Connecting from Outside and Reading Email
The following services are for members and guests of the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences only. Unauthorized access is forbidden.
How to connect from outside
- SSL gateway 1 (accessing server inside the institute; please note: A special certificate is required, see internal WIKI for more information.)
- SSL gateway 2 (accessing server inside the institute; please note: A special hardware token is required.)
Webmail (reading emails from outside with WWW interface)
- Connect to the webmail interface of the new mailserver (for members arrived in 2015 and other members after moving to the new server).
- Also the webmail interface of the old mailserver is available, but ONLY FOR long term members arrived before January, 2015. Please note: A special login and password is required (NOT your usual one). Please contact the computer group.
Access to local licensed ressources via EZproxy
- This service allows members of the institute to connect from outside to the internal wiki, the library catalogue and our licensed eResources (eBooks, eJournals and databases) from all over the world. Connect your browser to ezproxy.mis.mpg.de and login with your usual loginname and the ezproxy password (New visitors recieve the EZproxy-login together with their other access data.)