Researchers with a novel approach to classical areas of mathematics like geometry, numerical analysis, and partial differential equations, but also researchers exploring new interactions between mathematics and the sciences, in particular in the areas of complexity and cognition, discrete random geometry, efficient algorithms and scientific computing, materials science, fluid dynamics, mathematical biology, mathematical and theoretical physics, based on a strong background in analysis or geometry or in other formal disciplines. In particular, researchers from Latin America, Africa, Eastern Europe, and Far and Middle East are encouraged to apply.
- Stipend for a period of 12 to 24 months
- No teaching duties
- We provide a scientific environment where you are encouraged to explore new scientific directions and where you will find many partners with whom you can discuss a wide range of scientific ideas.
- Deadline December 1st (starting date flexible)
- Please submit the following information:
- list of publications
- transcript of PhD certificate
- research statement also addressing research projects with names of possible collaborators at MPI MiS, and
- names and contact data of two or more referees willing to write a letter of recommendation.
- During the application process you will be asked to identify at least one scientific partner in Leipzig. The list of possible scientific partners coincides with the list of possible postdoctoral mentors. Please check the overview of postdoctoral mentors to learn more about the research of the possible partners.
- Submissions of applications proceed through an electronic form. This form will be hosted by Opencampus.net, a German company, so while clicking to the links you will be directed to their server:
The institute encourages applications from women and minorities.
MPI MiS will be as flexible as possible in assisting Ukrainian mathematicians with our programs, in particular with regard to application deadlines or the need for reference letters. Ukrainian mathematicians applying for one of our programs using the application form are strongly encouraged to also contact us via email.