- Johannes Rauh and Pradeep Banerjee are giving talks on our joint works at the WIAS Workshop on Mathematics of Deep Learning, Berlin, December 2019.
- Pradeep Banerjee is attending the Oberwolfach Seminar: Mathematics of Deep Learning, October 2019.
- Guido Montúfar is an invited speaker at UseData 2019 Data Science Conference, Moscow, Russia, September 2019
- Guido Montúfar is invited to participate at IST Workshop on Deep Learning Theory, IST, Vienna, Austria, September 2019
- Wasserstein Information Geometry special session at GSI 2019, Toulouse, France, August 2019
- Guido Montúfar is a plenary speaker at 2019 Workshop in memory of František Matúš, Institute of Information Theory and Automation Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic, August 2019.
- Guido Montúfar is giving a talk "Information Geometry in Optimization and Regularization of Generative and Discriminative Models", Renyi Insitute, Budapest, Hungary, August 2019
- Guido Montúfar is an invited speaker at Optimal Transport for Nonlinear Problems Mini Symposium at 9th International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics - ICIAM 2019, Valencia, Spain, July 2019.
- Guido Montúfar is giving a talk "Representation of Markov Kernels with Deep Graphical Models", SIAM AG 2019 Latent Graphical Models Mini Symposium, Bern, Switzerland, July 2019.
- Joan Bruna, Zheng Ma, Guido Montufar, Nina Otter, Yuguao Wang are having an ICERM Collaborate Group on Geometry of Data and Networks at Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM), Providence, RI, USA, June 2019
- Guido Montúfar is participating at the National Workshop on Data Science Education, UC Berkeley, CA, USA, June 2019
- Guido Montúfar is giving a keynote "Computing the Unique Information", 1st Workshop on Semantic Information, CVPR, Long Beach, CA, June 2019
- Guido Montúfar is giving a talk "Wasserstein Gaussian Tikhonov Regularization", Geometry and Learning Culminating Workshop, Lake Arrowhead Conference Center, CA, June 2019
- "Task-Agnostic Constraining in Average Reward POMDPs" to be presented at Task-Agnostic Reinforcement Learning Workshop ICLR 2019, May 2019
- Guido Montúfar is giving a tutorial on Wasserstein Information Geometry at Geometry and Learning From Data Tutorials part of the Long Program Geometry and Learning from Data in 3D and Beyond, IPAM, March 2019
- Guido Montúfar is co-organizing the Geometry of Data and Learning in 3D and Beyond, IPAM Long Program, Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics, Los Angeles, CA, USA, March - June 2019
- Pradeep Banerjee is attending the Geometry of Data and Learning in 3D and Beyond, IPAM Long Program, Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics, Los Angeles, CA, USA, March - June 2019
- We had a fantastic Deep Learning Theory Kickoff Meeting at the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, Leipzig, Germany, March 2019