- Lecturer: Benjamin Gess
- Date: Wednesdays 16:15-17:45
- Room: Videobroadcast
- Remarks: Access information will be sent out on request.
AbstractIn this online course we aim to get acquainted with some of the recent progress in the mathematical understanding and theory of machine learning. Particular emphasis will be laid upon the training of neural networks, i.e. non-convex optimization, and overparameterization.
The aim of the course is to get an overview of a series of recent articles and the methods developed therein.
The course is directed to non experts with a solid background in mathematics aiming to get an idea of recent progress in the mathematics of machine learning.
Active contribution in form of a presentation of a research paper (to be chosen) and a handout summarizing the presentation is required for each participant. You should be prepared to spend a significant amount of time on this course.
- IMPRS Ringvorlesung
- Lecturers: Paul Breiding, Jürgen Vollmer, Eckehard Olbrich
- Date: 20.05, 27.05., 03.06., 10.06 (11.00 - 12.30); 15.06., 22.06., 29.06., 06.07. (10.15 - 11.45) see schedule for dates and more info
- Room: Videobroadcast via Zoom.
- Introduction to Integrable Probability
- Lecturer: Alexey Bufetov
- Date: Monday 15:15 - 16:45 , Thursday 15:15--16:45
- Room: Videobroadcast via Big Blue Button (access code: compute 356615 - 2 = ?)