Our director Felix Otto and Professor Silvia Schöneburg-Lehnert (Mathematical institute, Leipzig University) have started a short video series (in German) with the aim of providing a basic introduction for some mathematical terminology that comes up in the news coverage regarding Corona.
The following concepts are explained in the series:
- exponential growth and doubling time
- basic reproduction number
- effective reproduction number
- transmission probabilities
- chain of infection
- flatten the curve
- second wave
- impact of quarantine restrictions
- herd immunity
- infectiousness: parameters from observations
- estimation of the effective reproduction number
The playlist containing all videos in embedded below, alternatively you can watch it on our YouTube channel.