The trainees will have block release courses of 4 to 5 weeks each.
- Information- and media services in the economy
- Acquisition, transfer and preservation of media and information
- Indexing of media and information
- Search, retrieval and mediation of media and information
- Accountancy / Controlling
- Data processing
- English / English for librarians
- Social studies
- Economics and administration
After one and a half year of training the level of knowledge is tested in a written examination. Topics are acquisition and indexing, civics and economics, retrieval and accession (containing the field of archives). The examination for each of these subjects will last 60 minutes.
After 3 years of training the final examination takes place. Having passed this test the trainees will receive their skilled worker certificates.
- Written exam
Acquisition and indexing (exam duration: 120 minutes), civics and economics (90 minutes), retrieval and accession (90 minutes) are the subjects that will be tested.
- Oral exam
This test is practice-oriented and tailored to the specific circumstances of the training library. The trainees have 15 minutes time for preparation and will then be tested for 20 minutes.