- The article "The variational deficiency bottleneck" got accepted in IJCNN 2020, see here
- Pradeep Banerjee is talking on Information-theoretic generalization properties of learning algorithms in our Deep learning seminar, March 2020
- Hanna Tseran is talking on Tropical geometry for understanding neural networks in our Deep learning seminar, March 2020
- Guido Montúfar is giving a mini-course (5 days) at Spring School on Mathematics of Data, Hanoi, Vietnam, March 2020 (cancelled)
- Pierre Bréchet is joining as an intern for six months. He is interested in information geometry and generative models.
- Tilman Hinnerichs is talking about Maximization of Mutual information for information clustering in our Deep learning seminar, February 2020
- Hanna Tseran is talking about Optimization challenges in Deep learning in our Deep learning seminar, February 2020
- Guido Montúfar is giving a talk at Deep Learning Seminar, University of Vienna, Austria, February 2020.
- Pradeep Banerjee is talking about Causal measures of information in our Deep learning seminar, February 2020
- Johannes Mueller is talking about the Expressivity of neural networks in our Deep learning seminar, February 2020
- Guido Montúfar is giving a talk at the Mathematics Seminar, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia, January 2020
- Tilman Hinnerichs is visiting us from TU Dresden. He will be looking at topics of unsupervised learning and information theory.
- Guido Montúfar is giving a talk "On the dynamics and convergence of weight normalization training of neural networks", Mathematisches Kolloquium, Bielefeld University, Germany, January 2020.
- The article ``Kernelized Wasserstein Natural Gradient'' got accepted in ICLR 2020 (spotlight).
- Hanna Tseran and Johannes Mueller are starting their PhD in January 2020.