Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik in den Naturwissenschaften
Office: G3 07
+49 341 9959 822
+49 341 9959 658
My main focus is the area of tropical geometry. In particular in its connections to algebraic geometry, enumerative geometry, combinatorics and polyhedral geometry, matroid theory, and its computational aspects.
In Summer 2023, I am teaching "Introduction to tropical geometry". Information on the course can be found here.
Self-dual matroids from canonical curves (joint with Sachi Hashimoto, Bernd Sturmfels and Raluca Vlad), arXiv:2212.05910
Tropical Geometric Counting Problems (PhD Thesis)
Towards tropically counting binodal surfaces (joint with Madeline Brandt), La Matematica. Official Journal of the Association for Women in Mathematics (2023)
A tropical count of real bitangents to plane quartic curves (joint with Marta Panizzut), arXiv:2112.04433
Computing tropical bitangents to smooth quartic curves in polymake (joint with Marta Panizzut), arXiv:2112.04447, accepted for presentation at MEGA 2022
A tropical count of binodal cubic surfaces (joint with Madeline Brandt), Le Matematiche, Vol 75 No 2 (2020)
On Realizability of lines on tropical cubic surfaces and the Brundu-Logar normal form, Le Matematiche, Vol 75 No 2 (2020)
Since July 2022 I am a post-doctoral researcher in the Non-Linear Algebra Group at MPI MiS in Leipzig.
- July 2022 PhD (Universität Tübingen), "Tropical Geometric Counting Problems", supervisor Prof. Hannah Markwig
- March 2020 Master of Science (Universität Tübingen), Masterthesis: Tropical Cubic Surfaces - Enumeration and Lines, supervisor: Prof. Hannah Markwig.
- Sep. 2018 Master of Science (University of Warwick), Masterthesis: Realisability of infinite families of tropical lines on general smooth cubic surfaces, supervisor: Prof. Diane Maclagan
- Oct. 2016 Bachelor of Science (Universität Tübingen)
Conferences, Seminars and Talks
- Up-coming: 29.-31.3.2023, Regional Workshop in Algebraic Geometry, Talk: "Self dual matroids from canonical curves"
- 17.2.2023, LMS workshop on Tropical Mathematics, Talk: "Self-Duality in Tropical Geometry"
- 24.-25.11.2022, MOM workshop on MaRDI, OSCAR and MATHREPO, Talk: "Self-dual matroids from canonical curves - computational challenges"
- 22.11.2022, Algebra Seminar Osnabrück, Talk: "A tropical count of real bitangents to plane quartic curves"
- 14.-18.11.2022, Newton_okunkov Bodies & Tropical Geometry, Frankfurt, Talk: "Self dual matroids from canonical curves"
- 7.11.2022, Moduli Day, MPI MiS Leipzig, Talk: "Self dual matroids from canonical curves"
- 01.08.-05.08.2022 "Young Researchers Conference in Non-Archimedean and Tropical Geometry", Regensburg, Introductory Lecture: "Applications of tropical geometry"
- 20.06.-24-06.2022 "MEGA", Kraków, Poland
- 15.03.-17.03.2022, "Lectures on Theta - Replacement", MPI MiS Leipzig
- 29.11.-1.12.2021 „Women in Algebra and Symbolic Computation II“, SFB-TRR 195, Bad Dürkheim, Talk: „Towards counting tropical binodal surfaces“
- 24.-30.10.2021, Oberwolfach Seminar: Tropical Curves, Logarithmic Structures, and Enumerative Geometry
- 13.-16.09.2021, Fifth annual conference of the SFB-TRR 195, RWTH Aachen, Talk: "Counting tropical binodal surfaces" and Joint Talk: "A tropical proof of Plücker's Theorem" with Marta Panizzut
- 16.08.-20.08.2021 SIAM Conference on Algebraic Geometry, Talk: "Deformations of Bitangent Classes of Tropical Quartic Curves"
- 07.06.-11.06.2021 MEGA Conference, University Tromsø - The Artic University of Norway, Online.
- 11.05.2021 Seminar Talk: "Deformations of Bitangent Classes of Tropical Quartic Curves", Tübingen.
- 22.01.2021 "TGIZ-Tropical geometry in Zoom", Goethe Universität Frankfurt am Main, Talk: "Deformations of bitangent classes of tropical quartic curves"
- 13.07.-16.07.2020 "International Congress on Mathematical Software", TU Braunschweig, Online Conference, Talk: "Tropical Algebraic Geometry - A tropical count of binodal cubic surfaces"
- 09.12.-11.12.2019 „Women in Algebra and Symbolic Computation“, SFB-TRR 195, Bad Dürkheim, Talk: „Tropical Cubic Surfaces“
- 29.07.-02.08.2019 „Young Researchers Conference in Non-Archimedean and Tropical Geometry“, Universität Regensburg, Talk: „Relative Realisability of infinite families of tropical lines on general smooth tropical cubic surfaces“
- 08.05.2019 Researchseminar, TU Berlin, Talk: "Realisability of infinite families of tropical lines on general smooth cubic surfaces"
Workshops and more
- Up-coming: 3.4.-4.4.2023 Solving hard polynomial systems
- 13.3.-14.3.2023 Research Data in discrete Mathematics
- 9.-10.2.2023 Northern German Algebraic Geoemtry Seminar
- 2.-4.2.2023 14th polymake conference and developer meeting
- 28.2.-4.3.2022, OSCAR developer meeting - Tropical Geometry TU Kaiserslautern
- 21.01.2022, 13th polymake conference and developer meeting
- 15.-19.02.2021, Sage/Oscar Days for Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry, online, ICERM (The Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics) Brown University
- 28.01.-29.01.2021, 12th polymake conference and developer meeting
- Discussion Session for 12 Lectures on Tropical Geometry (with Paul Görlach)
- 09.05.2019 and 22.10.2019, 27 Questions on cubic surfaces, Workshops at MPI MiS Leipzig
- 09.2020-05.2021 participation in reading group on "Introduction to tropical geometry" by Diane Maclagan & Bernd Sturmfels, Chapter 1-3.
- 05.09.-09.09.2022 "Combinatorial Methods in Algebraic Geometry", Cambridge, England
- 23.05.-27.05.2022 "International Summer School on Tropical Geometry", Valladolid, Spain
- 06.09.-10.09.2021 "Computeralgebra", RWTH Aachen
- 23.08.-27.08.2021 "Tropical homology and Hodge theory", online format
- 26.07.-06.08.2021 "Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry",LMs-Bath Symposium, University of Bath, virtual format
- 28.06.-02.07.2021 "Tropical Moduli Spaces", EWM/EMS Mittag Leffler summer school, virtual format
- 06.2020-07.2020 "Algebraic and Tropical Online Meetings"
- 03.06.2019-07.06.2019 „New Perspectives in Gromov-Witten Theory“, Summer School at Sorbonne Université, Paris
- Up-coming: Summersemester 2023: Introduction to tropical geometry
- winter term 2021/2022: teaching assistant for "Commutative Algebra", Lecturer: Thomas Markwig
- Since winter term 2020/21: Conductor of the training for mentors in the mentoring programm for first year students(in the winter term 2020/21 together with Sophia Jahns, since summer term 2021 single-handedly)
- winter term 2020/2021: teaching assistant for "Introduction to algebraic geometry and commutative algebra", Lecturer: Hannah Markwig
- summer term 2020: teaching assistant for "Algebra", Lecturer: Hannah Markwig
- 2014-2020: support class teacher for different lectures