My research addresses Algebraic Analysis and Topological Data Analysis.
The former area enables an investigation of linear partial differential equations by algebraic methods. I focus on computational aspects and applications in the sciences. The second area extracts intrinsic information of data by topological methods. Here, my emphasis lies on the development of algebraic tools.
- Moduli Problems of Multigraded Modules (with Valeria Bertini and Christian Lehn). In preparation.
- Likelihood Slopes from a Tropical and a D-Module Perspective (with Robin van der Veer). Work in progress.
- Algebraic Analysis of the Hypergeometric Function 1F1 of a Matrix Argument (with Paul Görlach and Christian Lehn). arXiv:2005.06162 [math.AG], submitted to Beiträge zur Algebra und Geometrie.
- A Musical Review of the Empty Set, fun with(out) music and maths.
- Algebraic Analysis of Rotation Data (with Michael Adamer, András Lőrincz, and Bernd Sturmfels). arXiv:1912.00396 [math.ST], to be published in Algebraic Statistics.
- D-Modules and Holonomic Functions (with Bernd Sturmfels). arXiv:1910.01395 [math.AG].
- Topological Computation of the Stokes Matrices of the Weighted Projective Line P(1,3), arXiv:1810.10954 [math.AG]. An extended version Topological computation of Stokes matrices of some weighted projective lines to be published in Manuscripta Mathematica, Springer, 2020, DOI: 10.1007/s00229-020-01193-3.
My current collaborators include
- Dr. Valeria Bertini (TU Chemnitz),
- Prof. Joscha Diehl (Universität Greifswald),
- Paul Görlach (TU Chemnitz),
- Prof. Christian Lehn (TU Chemnitz),
- Robin van der Veer (KU Leuven).
|07/2019 - today||Postdoctoral researcher |
Research Group in Nonlinear Algebra of Prof. Bernd Sturmfels
Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, Leipzig
|05/2019||Defense of the doctoral thesis |
Title: Topological Computation of Stokes Data of Weighted Projective Lines
Partially supported by the German Academic Scholarship Foundation
Supervisor: Prof. Maco Hien, Advisor: Prof. Maxim Smirnov
University of Augsburg
|09/2015 - 06/2019||Scientific assistant of Prof. Marco Hien |
University of Augsburg
|07/2015||Master's degree in Mathematics within TopMath |
University of Augsburg/Technical University of Munich
Here you find a more detailed CV.
|Sept. 14-17, 2020||DMV Annual Meeting 2020: Minisymposiom "Algebraic Methods for the Sciences" POSTPONED! |
Invited talk: TBA
|July 13-16, 2020||ICMS 2020 Session: Computational Algebraic Analysis |
Scientific organization together with Dr. Christoph Koutschan
Braunschweig (will take place as a virtual conference)
|Mar. 04, 2020||Seminar Number Theory and Algebraic Geometry, invited by Prof. Dr. Nero Budur |
Talk: D-modules: Linear PDEs from an algebraic perspective
KU Leuven, Belgium