Introduction to Microlocal Analysis
- Lecturer: Angkana Rüland
- Date: Thursday 11:15 - 12:45
- Room: Leipzig University, Seminargebäude, room SG-311
- Language: English
- Target audience: MSc students, PhD students, Postdocs
- Keywords: distribution theory, oscillatory integrals, method of stationary phase, pseudodifferential operators, elliptic regularity theory
- Prerequisites: basic PDE theory, functional analysis and basic Fourier analysis
This lecture is an introduction to basic ideas and tools of microlocal analysis. Central topics will include
- basic distribution theory, distributional Fourier analysis,
- the definition of oscillatory integrals and the method of stationary phase,
- pseudodifferential operators,
- elliptic regularity theory through pseudodifferential calculus.
If time permits, we will also deal with the propagation of singularities.