Spectra of tensors and their applications
- Lecturer: André Uschmajew, Raffaella Mulas
- Date: 6-8 lectures, on Wednesdays 2 pm, starting November 3, 2021
- Room: MPI MiS G3 10
- Prerequisites: basic knowledge in linear algebra, graph theory and optimization
AbstractThere exist several possibilities for defining eigen- and singular values for tensors, based on critical points of multilinear forms or homogeneous equations. In this mini course we introduce some of these concepts, discuss their basic properties as well as their relation to low-rank approximation and hypergraph theory. Geometric questions and computational aspects will also be considered.
To keep informed about changes to this lecture subscribe to lecture mailinglist
- Due to the pandemic, it is mandatory to register for a lecture series before attending one of the lectures. For this registration, we simply use the mailing list for the lecture series. So, if you plan to attend a lecture (series), please subscribe the mailing list which is linked below the respective lecture.
- Obviously, this rule is only valid for in-person lectures. However, even for the online events it might be a good idea to subscribe. This way, you will receive the information on how to attend the online meetings.