Branching from number theory: p-adics in the sciences
The intention of this meeting is to study p-adic analogues of classical (i.e. archimedean) topics, such as random variables and metric measure theory, with a view toward applications in other areas of mathematics. The workshop will feature mini-courses by Claus Fieker, Ngoc Mai Tran, Peter Schneider, a number of invited talks, and discussion sessions.
- Claus Fieker (TU Kaiserslautern) - Title: Local computations to solve global problems
- Peter Schneider (WWU Münster) - Title: Local p-adic analysis
- Ngoc Mai Tran (UT Austin) - Title: p-adics and tropical Gaussians
- Jennifer S. Balakrishnan (Boston University)
- Peter Bürgisser (TU Berlin)
- Yassine El Maazouz (UC Berkeley)
- Stevan Gajovic (University of Groningen)
- Josh Maglione (Universität Bielefeld)
- Sabrina Pauli (Universität Duisburg-Essen)
- Tristan Vaccon (Université de Limoges)
Participation is possible both in-person (preferred but limited) and online (problem sessions excluded). For in-person attendance, the "first come first serve" rule will be enforced: if you wish to join the meeting in Leipzig, please register soon. In-person registration is closed.
Rules about in-person attendance might be affected by developments on the ongoing pandemic. As of today, in-person events at the MPI MiS allow up to a maximum of 25 participants. Catering is not yet permitted and all external participants and speakers have to provide a negative corona test (or vaccination record). The internal regulations of the institute are constantly being updated and are available here.