September 17 - 20, 2001
- Gene trees, molecular evolution, and genomics
- Cell interaction, cell motion and self-organization
- Population biology and ecology
GoalsThe intention of this workshop is to bring together two groups of scientists: mathematicians whose research is relevant for or inspired by models from biology, and biologists who are interested in the scope of mathematical models for their field. We hope for a lively exchange of ideas on a selected number of topics. Special attention will be paid to the relevance of stochastic and deterministic modeling and to the interplay between model and experiment in various biological fields.
- DFG-Schwerpunkt: Interagierende stochastische Systeme hoher Komplexität
- MPI für Mathematik in den Naturwissenschaften
- MPI für evolutionäre Anthropologie